My experience is very diverse and ranges from consulting organic farms in Ecuador, to helping indigenous entrepreneurs in Guatemala market environmentally and socially responsible products, to consulting a worldwide yoga institute. Before attending graduate school, I was the country director of a social entrepreneurship incubator for university students from around the world in Ecuador, South America.
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Business Planning
- Marketing Strategy
- Digital Marketing
- Strategic Planning
- Project Management
- International Business
- Latin America
Rocket Valley Solutions, LLC
June 2016 – Present
The purpose of Rocket Valley Solutions, LLC is to utilize international entrepreneurial development experience to promote initiatives that create innovative solutions that focus on the Triple Bottom Line of providing resolutions to the financial, social, and environmental needs of communities in Vermont and throughout world through innovative, multi-discipline collaborations.
Principle Business Enterprises, Inc.
Aug 2011 – Aug 2016
- Created analytical models and key performance indicator reports measuring client performance as well as enterprise product performance.
- Developed and directed e-commerce model to boost online sales and customer service.
- Designed and implemented marketing plan to reach Spanish-speaking consumers.
- Supervised implementation of marketing plans through sales teams.
- Performed ad-hoc analysis for the Chief Executive Officer and Director of Marketing for various sales programs.
Instructor/Graduate Research Assistant
Kennesaw State University
Jan 2010 – June 2011
- Contracted to advise Coles College of Business on social entrepreneurship initiatives.
- Creator and director of social entrepreneurship consulting study abroad program in Guatemala for M.B.A. students.
- Primary author of the first Coles College of Business annual report on activities within the Principles of Responsible Management Education, a program sponsored by the United Nations.
- Creator of a new social entrepreneurship learning community for first year students.
New Development Solutions Group
Jan 2008 – Dec 2009
Guatemala & Ecuador
- Directed operations for company’s expansion to the country of Ecuador.
- Hired, trained and managed sales and research teams based in 5 provinces, including responsibility for project strategy, organization, profitability, budget and logistics.
- Directed study abroad initiatives in Guatemala and Ecuador for several U.S. and U.K. universities.
- Coordinated nationwide sales efforts which helped create access to more than 1700 products and services in a 6 month period.
- Headed the development of a savings-based community banking model.
- Developed language and cultural seminars and workshops to build business and practical communication skills.
- Led feasibility studies for water purification systems and fuel-efficient stoves in Guatemala.
Business Development Volunteer
United States Peace Corps
Jun 2005 – Sept 2007
- Developed, managed, and maintained over 20 community banks/ credit unions in the marginalized urban and rural districts of the province of Loja
- Mobilized over 400 loans per year equaling $27,000 for 550 bank members and their families.
- Consulted 10 small businesses on basic business practices such as: leadership, teamwork, production, accounting, marketing, and management
- Supervised several income generation activities with community members
- Trained Ecuadorian counterparts in sustainable project management
- Directed weekly workshops on sustainable ecological business practices
- Conducted various training sessions for fellow volunteers